The Way is a journey we all must travel as Disciples of Yahuah/Yahushua. Yahushua did not start The Way when He showed up on Earth; He defined The Way through His actions of following Torah. He was and is the perfect Disciple of Yahuah because of His following the Torah perfectly; which, means He lived without sin. The journey of The Way is long and sometimes difficult.
- You will have trials and tribulations as you proceed.
- You will find friends and family turning away from you.
- You will be attacked by the physical and the spiritual.
- You will have to leave some behind because they will not walk The Way with you.
- You will have to leave the traditions with which you grew up.
- You WILL be persecuted.
BUT, you will also find freedom, truth, and love in Elohim.
So how do I start my walk? How do I begin to come out of the traditions of man? How do I know what is true and what is not? This is a brand new book which hopes to bridge the gap between what you have been taught and the Truth. It is written by someone just like you, who grew up with the traditions of man rather than the Truth of Yahuah. Finish reading this page and then get this book to start learning things you never knew existed in the Scripture. Change your way and start following His Way.
Everything of any importance in our lives as believers has to boil down to our relationship with our Creator, and yet we have been taught to settle for something lukewarm. We have relegated our walk with God to little more than a hobby, when the Scriptures plainly show us that God Himself is passionately in love with His people. He has revealed Himself as Father, Husband, King, Master and has called us to become child, bride, ambassador and servant. How do we meet His level of commitment in a way that honors Him and proclaims His glory and truth to the world? It starts with understanding who He is, what He deserves, what He expects – and how it is all meant to manifest in our lives as the fulfillment of the two great commandments to love Him and our neighbors. The Bridge is going to challenge everything you think you know about God the Father, it is going to deepen your appreciation for Him, and I pray it will revive your first love. Through the revealed character of Jesus the Messiah of Israel, and through the writings of the Prophets and Apostles, I want to teach you how to live a life that is pleasing to God, a life that He rewards in the here and now, a life that He has promised to bless from Genesis through Revelation. Get the book HERE on Amazon.
Begin To Understand
Understanding The Way begins with understanding the words which are associated with it. Below we define the words before we move forward so the understanding is clearer.
- God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac.
- Creator of the Earth and the Heavens.
- Giver of the Law.
- Your creator.
- Hebrew meaning = Yahuah is salvation
- The Messiah
- The Son of Yahuah
- The perfect sacrifice for our sins
- The perfect follower of the Torah
- Our Master
- Law of Yahuah
- Freedom from bondage
- Instructions to follow
- In affect forever
- Given in the beginning and written down by Moses
- Hebrew = Derek
- a journey which any one takes
- Hebrew = shamar/natsar
- to guard
- to watch
- a watchman
- give heed
- Learns master’s teachings
- Becomes like the Master
- Does what the Master does
- Be faithful
- Be certain
- Stand firm
The Way is not a law, a commandment, an action, or a single moment of salvation. It is not a religion, a culture, or a denomination. It is a journey, a commitment, a covenant, a lifestyle. It is the path to every lasting life in the presence of Yahuah.
As you have seen in the movies, like Star Wars, there is a pupil (disciple) and a master. The master teaches the pupil everything he knows in hopes the pupil becomes a disciple. A pupil may know everything his master knows, and be able to repeat it and teach it himself; however, a disciple not only knows the teachings of the master, but turns it into his lifestyle, acting in the manner (way) of his master. Many Christians today are pupils of Yahushua, but they are not disciples. The church leaders do not teach the true discipleship of Yahushua because they believe the Law of Yahuah was made null by Yahushsua. This means the pupils are not even getting the full teaching of Yahushua, much less the discipleship training they are expected to receive.
The Way is not something you will learn in this article; it is an ongoing process which takes years to learn and perfect. We can; however, start you in the right direction.
Salvation – Become Set-Apart – Become a Son/Daughter of Yahuah
Kingdom of Yahuah is Coming – realize when Yashuah (Yah Is Salvation) returns He will bring His kingdom to Earth
- Luke 9:1-2 – And having called His twelve taught ones together, He gave them power and authority over all demons and to heal diseases. And He sent them to proclaim the reign of Elohim and to heal the sick,
- John 3:5 – Yahushua answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he is unable to enter into the reign of Elohim.
- Mark 1:14-15 – And after Yoḥanan was delivered up, Yahushua came to Galil, proclaiming the Besorah (good news) of the reign of Elohim, and saying, “The time has been filled and the reign of Elohim has come near. Repent and believe in the Besorah (good news).”
- Revelations 20:4 – And I saw thrones – and they sat on them and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to Yahushua and because of the Word of Elohim and who did not worship the beast, nor his image and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years
- Revelations 21:1-7 – And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away and the sea is no more. And I, Yoḥanan, saw the set-apart city, renewed Yerushalayim, coming down out of the heavens from Elohim, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the heavens saying, “See, the Booth of Elohim is with men and He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people and Elohim Himself shall be with them and be their Elohim. “And Elohim shall wipe away every tear from their eyes and there shall be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain, for the former matters have passed away.” And He who was sitting on the throne said, “See, I make all matters new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and trustworthy.” And He said to me, “It is done! I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’,the Beginning and the End. To the one who thirsts I shall give of the fountain of the water of life without payment. “The one who overcomes shall inherit all this and I shall be his Elohim and he shall be My son.
- All of us are born sinners because we break the Law of Yahuah (Torah). Sin is lawlessness and without Torah we don’t know how to live a sinless life.
- Admit you are a sinner and have broken the Torah.
- 1 John 3:4 – “Everyone doing sin also does lawlessness and sin is lawlessness.”
- Acts 26:15-18 – “And I said, ‘Who are You, Master?’ And He said, ‘I am Yahushua, whom you persecute. ‘But rise up and stand on your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you a servant and a witness both of what you saw and of those which I shall reveal to you, delivering you from the people and the gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, to turn them from darkness to light and the authority of Satan to Elohim, in order for them to receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are set-a-part by belief in Me.’”
Believe / Trust – Do you trust Yashuah is the Truth, the Word, Son of Yahuah enough to leave things and the traditions of man behind.
- Matthew 19:16-30 – “And see, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good shall I do to have everlasting life?” And He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One – Elohim. But if you wish to enter into life, guard the commands.” He said to Him, “Which?” And Yahushua said, “ ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Respect your father and your mother,’ and ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” – (this is the last six 10 Commandments/Words – Exodus 20:9-17) The young man said to Him, “All these I have watched over from my youth, what do I still lack?” Yahushua said to him, “If you wish to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor and you shall have treasure in heavens. And come, follow Me.” – (this is the first four 10 Commandments/Words – Exodus 20:1-11. The man could not give up his belongings/friends/family to follow Yahuah/Yahushua; to be His disciple) And when the young man heard the word, he went away sad, because he had many possessions. And Yahushua said to His taught ones, “Truly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter into the reign of the heavens. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the reign of Elohim.” And when His taught ones heard it, they were very astonished, saying, “Who then is able to be saved?” And looking intently Yahushua said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with Elohim all is possible.” Then Kĕpha answering, said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. What then shall we have?” And Yahushua said to them, “Truly I say to you, when the Son of Aḏam sits on the throne of His esteem, you who have followed Me in the rebirth, shall also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’ĕl. “And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands for My Name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold and shall inherit everlasting life. But many who are first shall be last, and the last first.”
Receive Forgiveness – Yashuah provided the perfect sacrifice for your sins by living the Torah perfectly and dying in your place for your breaking of the Law.
- Ask Him to forgive you for breaking His Torah and not obeying Him.
- Make a covenant with Him through the blood of Yahushua the Messiah.
- A covenant is an agreement, a pledge. You are agreeing to pledge your life to Yahuah and to be reconciled to Him through the blood sacrifice of His Son Yahushua, who died on the cross to provide forgiveness of your sins before Yahuah.
- Ephesians 1:7 – in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of trespasses (against the Law), according to the riches of His favour,
- Psalms 130:1-8 – “Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Yahuah. Yahuah, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my prayers. Yah, if You should watch crookednesses, O Yahuah, who would stand? But with You there is forgiveness, that You might be feared (respected/morally revered). I looked to Yahuah, my being has looked, and for His word I have waited. My being looks to Yahuah more than those watching for morning, watching for morning. O Yisra’ĕl, wait for HWHY; for with HWHY there is kindness. And with Him is much redemption, for He shall redeem Yisra’ĕl from all his crookednesses.”
- Once you understand you are a sinner because you do not keep the Torah; you must turn back to the Torah and follow it.
- Repent means to turn from, so turn from your sin and back to Yahuah.
- Die unto yourself/your will, be reborn in His will.
- Matthew 4:17 – “From that time Yahushua began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has drawn near.”
- Acts 26:20 – but declared first to those in Damascus and in Yerushalayim and in all the country of Yahuḏah and to the gentiles, that they should repent and turn to Elohim and do works worthy of repentance.
Obey / Faithfulness– learn and obey the Commandments (Law, Torah, Instructions) of Yahuah.
- This is the beginning of The Way, your journey into the presence of Yahuah and the receiving of the Set-Apart Spirit (Holy Spirit).
- This is how we
- worship (bow down to) Yahuah.
- show He is our Elohim and we value Him.
- show our belief, trust, faith in Him.
- set our selves apart from the world.
- become Disciples of Yahushua.
- This is the writing of the Torah on your heart.
- John 14:15-17 – “If you love Me, you shall guard My commands. “And I shall ask the Father, and He shall give you another Helper, to stay with you forever – the Spirit of the Truth, whom the world is unable to receive, because it does not see Him or know Him. But you know Him, for He stays with you and shall be in you.
Discipleship – walk in the way of Yashuah so you too become perfect/complete as He was by learning the Torah and listening to the guidance of the Set-Apart Spirit.
- Genesis 18:19 – “For I have known him, so that he commands his children and his household after him, to guard the way of Yahuah, to do righteousness and right ruling, so that Yahuah brings to Aḇrahim what He has spoken to him.”
- Exodus 18:20 – And you shall enlighten them concerning the laws and the Torot and show them the way in which they should walk and the work which they do.
- Exodus 23:20 – “See, I am sending a Messenger before you to guard you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.
- Matthew 28:18-20 – And Yahushua came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. “Therefore, go and make taught ones of all the nations, immersing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Set-apart Spirit, teaching them to guard all that I have commanded you. And see, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” Amĕn.
- Mark 12:14 – And when they came, they said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are true and it does not concern You about anyone, for You are not partial to any, but teach the way of Elohim in truth. Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?
- Luke 3:4 – as it has been written in the book of the words of Yeshayahu the prophet, saying, “A voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of Yahuah, make His paths straight.
- John 14:6 – Yahushua said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- John 14:15 – “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”
Do you want to learn more about how to enter into covenant with Yahuah and how to receive salvation through the sacrifice of Yahushau? Start by admitting your sins and asking for forgiveness. Then learn the Torah of Yahuah to guard and obey it, so you may be guided by His light.
Start with Torah Today.